viernes, 10 de febrero de 2012

Scholarships

Yesterday I posted information in Spanish on scholarships. As I was working on that article, I realized that it was virtually impossible to make one entry that would be suitable for people from all nationalities as each country has its specificities and I am way more familiar with what is available for Argentineans and Latin Americans. Thus, I am afraid that this posting will have to be a little more general than the one in Spanish. Still, I hope it is useful for you!


Where to search for scholarships?
You should definitely start by contacting the International Office at your university. Most of these offices keep listings of external and internal sources of funding.
If you have already selected the destination and program, you may contact the university directly to ask about any sources of funding available.
Embassies and cultural delegations such as the British Council, CampusFrance, the German DAAD, etc., are a great source of information. So are the Rotary Foundation, BUTEX, etc. So are the country and region-specific study sites (i.e. Study in Sweden)
16 sites to start your search (listed in no particular order):